Configure error 2.2.0 - no locking

Neil Hoggarth neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 24 15:21:57 GMT 2001

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Darrin Yeager wrote:

> I've got Redhat 6.2 kernel 2.2.18 and have been running samba 2.07.
> When I try to configure samba 2.2.0, the configure bombs out with
> an error
>
> ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba would be unsafe

Is your Samba source tree on an NFS mounted filesystem, by any chance?
If so, you can work around this by making sure that you do the build on
a local filesystem. The following works okay for me on RedHat:

  $ mkdir /var/tmp/samba
  $ cd /var/tmp/samba
  $ /path/to/samba/distribution/source/configure
  $ make

Regards,
--
Neil Hoggarth                                 Departmental Computer Officer
<neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk>                   Laboratory of Physiology