Backup unix samba export with nt veritas backup exec 8

Schack, Daniel dschack at Stadtwerke-Giessen.de
Tue Apr 24 14:56:38 GMT 2001

Hi, I'am new in using Samba.

My HPUX-Box has SAMBA 2.2.0 installed and the SAMBA-exports are visible in
NT Backup-exec 8.3.. -
but when I try to choose backupfiles the Popup-Window [a device specific
error occured] is the end of my backup hopes.
Is there anything to alleviate this error?

Is it possible to use Pipes somehow with Win NT?

PS: Nt-backup can backup the exports.

Can anyone help?

Thanks Daniel

Date:   Mon, 3 Jul 2000 18:42:35 -0700
From:   Jeremy Allison <jeremy at valinux.com>
Cc:     samba at samba.org
Subject: Re: REQUEST: Veritas Backup Exec 8.0

  _____

On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 02:48:59PM -0700, Richard Fox wrote:

> Running the SAMBA that is released with RedHat 6.2, Veritas Backup Exec
> 8.0 does not work. However, when running the latest dev version of SAMBA
> Backup Exec does work. What files were changed to fix this bug? I would
> like to update what I am running without having to go to the dev version.
>
> I have searched the website and can not find any mention of when or what
> was done to fix this bug.

This was probably part of the upgrades that were done to
fix the locking/share mode problems in the 2.0.7 -> 2.2.x
update.

It isn't easy to say for certain exactly what the fix was
as there have been literally *hundreds* of correctness fixes,
from wildcard matching to the above mentioned locking
rewrite.

I'm afraid you'll have to wait until 2.2.0 ships, which
I cannot say for certain yet (we're still working on the
NT printing update).

Regards,

Jeremy Allison,
Samba Team.