samba and quotas

Chris G Haravata chrish at apc.edu.ph
Tue Apr 24 11:35:06 GMT 2001

Andy Dirr wrote:

> hi all,
> i wanna use samba2.2.0 with disk-quotas for all users. all i know is,
> that i have to configure samba with quotas. is that all i have to do
or
> have i to change my smb.conf file or something else.
> thanks you for answers,
> andy dirr

hi, andy.  you forgot to include the distro you are using.  anyway, i
am using SuSE 7.0 using kernel 2.2.16 and with Samba 2.0.7. If i were
to use a previous kernel, i'd have to re-compile my krenel for kernel
support (make menuconfig, go to Filesystems, select Quotas, exit and
save the config, make dep... you know the rest).  Then I'd install the
Quota package (again depends from your distro CD, mine comes with the
package), then I'd read the dos that comes with the installed package
and from there, there are still many more things you will do... a
little hard but worth the effort...  :)

---
Spawn -- the Scourge of the Dammed

Chris G Haravata