Samba 2.2.0 PDC Problem

Hilary Cheng hilarycheng at usa.net
Tue Apr 24 06:44:02 GMT 2001

Hi,

    Yes, i have set the smbpasswd and I have tried to replace
samba from pam_unix.o to pam_permit.o. But It can't join the
trust domain.

    When I get into the source code, I found the error occuried  at
smbd/reply.c ( line 466 ).

466    if (!smb_password_ok(smb_trust_acct, NULL, (unsigned char *)smb_passwd,
(unsigned char *)smb_nt_passwd)) {
467      DEBUG(0,("session_trust_account: Trust Account %s - password
failed\n", user));
468      SSVAL(outbuf, smb_flg2, FLAGS2_32_BIT_ERROR_CODES);
469      return(ERROR(0, NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE));
470    }

when it tried to compare two password, it failed. It is strange that it will be
only called
when the username is ended with "$".

Regards,

Hilary