Anyone using SCO Lyrix 6? (fwd)

M.L. Nongkhlaw mark at shillong.meg.nic.in
Tue Apr 24 10:47:40 GMT 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 09:22:41 +0000 (GMT)
From: "M.L. Nongkhlaw" <mark at shillong.meg.nic.in>
To: smb-clients at lists.samba.org
Subject: Anyone using SCO Lyrix 6?

Dear all,

I'm using Samba version 1.9.15p8 for Unixware 2.01. There is a SYSV style
script called smbprint.sysv for enabling printing to Win95/98 client
printer. I have integrated this into the lp subsystem with the command
lpadmin -psmbprinter -v/dev/null -i/opt/lib/samba/smbprint
where smbprint is the renamed version of smbprint.sysv.

When I use lp -dsmbprinter test.txt, test.txt prints OK at the printer
connected to my Win95 client, but I am also using SCO Lyrix 6, SCO Foxbase
2.1.1 and SCO Professional. I'm having problems to set up these apps to
use smbprinter. For SCO Lyrix 6, there is a utility /usr/lib/wp6/pconfig
for configuring printers, but I have tried this utility without any
success-Lyrix still prints onto my Unix printer.

As we have lots of printing jobs to be done daily using these apps, I
would very much appreciate if someone could help.

TIA
Mark.