quick question

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Mon Apr 23 21:19:00 GMT 2001

Hi Marcus,
It LOOKS like you are using the right registry key, however I believe it is
case sensitive: should be:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkStation\Para
meters]
"EnablePlainTextPassword"=dword:00000001

There is a .reg file in the later distributions of Samba in the
/usr/local/samba/docs directory that you can just copy over to the
appropriate win2k workstation and double click on it to have it applied:
Win2000_PlainPassword.reg is the name.

Also, I believe you have to reboot to have this registry change recognized
by the win2k workstation.

I have applied this to MY win2k workstation, and it does allow me to
communicate with a Samba 2.0.7 server using plaintext passwords...
Hope this helps,
Don