Samba 2.2.0 PDC Problem

tmaly at mvista.com tmaly at mvista.com
Mon Apr 23 19:10:45 GMT 2001

You may need to run a "smbpasswd -a -m MACHINE1" before you do this. I
think if this does not happen, then it tries to add the machine via the
credentials of the current logged in user (I could be wrong, but it's a
hunch). Any way, W2K knows to pop up a box asking for credentials to add
the machine account (from the already-existent UNIX account), but I
think NT4 doesn't. Just an idea.