Mount problem under NT

Fabien.LIOU at fr.thalesgroup.com Fabien.LIOU at fr.thalesgroup.com
Mon Apr 23 15:47:09 GMT 2001

Hello,

We're under samba 2.0.7 on a Solaris 8 server.

What we want to do is to share two directories (let's say /REF1 and /REF2)
/REF1 must be writable by the Unix group "MIDS"
User TOTO belongs to MIDS group. TOTO has a same login under Unix and NT.

/REF2 belongs only to RRP2 Unix user (in smb.conf valid user is set only for
RRP2).
RRP2 doesn't exist under NT

What is the authentication mecanism ?

User TOTO logs into NT and must mount /REF1 as TOTO -> It works without
submitting a password.
And then he must mount /REF2 as RRP2
It seems that when we can't mount two shares as two different users.

Is it an usual behavior ?

Thanks.

Fabien LIOU
DSI/SSIC