Unable to find Master Browser

Inaki Sanchez isanchez at unav.es
Mon Apr 23 12:05:24 GMT 2001

Hervey,

I think your samba is looking for the domain Master Browser for your workgroup (the netbios name DOMAIN<1B> stands for a Domain Master Browser). You can stop this behaviour by setting:

local master = no
preferred master = no
os level = 0

This way, your samba won´t be a local master browser on your network, and won´t try to look for the Domain Master Browser.

Or you can configure your samba to be the Domain Master Browser for your domain -unless you have a NT Server PDC-. In this case, you can set:

domain master = yes
local master = yes
prefered master = yes

Hope this helps,