Fwd: kerberos V and samba

Anthony Brock abrock at georgefox.edu
Fri Apr 20 21:43:38 GMT 2001

No.  This question was never answered.  What I have discovered on my own is:

If you configure and build the server software with support, then

1) smbclient will work, using the krb5 user name and password, assuming the
user has an local machine account.

2) Remote logins from windows do not appear to work.

I am still very interested in any information on this topic, if
available.  Especially any how-to or related documents.

Tony

>Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:40:37 -0700
>Subject: kerberos V and samba
>To: abrock at georgefox.edu
>From: "dillera at isc.upenn.edu" <dillera at isc.upenn.edu>
>

>Did you ever find out how to enable Samaba to hit a Kerberos V KDC?
>

>thanks,
>
>andy
>Andrew Diller
>ISC Networking
>U  P  E  N  N

* Anthony Brock                                         abrock at georgefox.edu *
* Director of Network Services                         George Fox University *