Samba 2.2.0, number of SMBD's processes

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Fri Apr 20 19:19:38 GMT 2001

Hi Claus,
I am using 2.2.0 released tarball on HP-UX 11.0 as well, and do not
experience this.
I get one smb per client, not per share.  One thing that could cause this
behavior is if the smbd that is servicing the client is 'hung' somehow, so
that when the next attempt is made from the client, it  thinks it has to
renegotiate, etc and starts up a new smbd.
I would suggest turning on log level = 10, debug pid = yes and log file =
/usr/local/samba/var/log.%m

Then reproduce this behavior; possibly you will see the last thing done on
the previous pid for the original smbd that was created for the client, and
the one that gets created when you attach to the next share;  whatever it
was last doing is probably where you're hung up...
Just a thought,
Don