Samba 2.2.0, number of SMBD's processes

Cornelio Bondad corny at cup.hp.com
Fri Apr 20 16:42:04 GMT 2001

Hi,

I too have just compiled and installed the just-released 2.2.0
version on HPUX 11.00, but I am NOT having the same problem
that you have. On my system, the number of SMBD process
is always equal to the number of active client connections
PLUS 1. This is the exact same behavior as in 2.0.7

When you said  "a smbd process is started for each individual share
a user access", how exactly are the users accessing the
shares? I just want to get an exact duplication scenario.