samba digest, Vol 1 #363 - 45 msgs

Virgo virgo at azcher.kharkov.ua
Fri Apr 20 15:42:35 GMT 2001

> Message: 6
> To: samba at lists.samba.org
> Subject: Win2k joining 2.2.0 domain problem
> Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 14:37:41 -0700
> From: Joshua Burley <jburley at kuci.org>
>
> Hi all,
>
>         I've seen this problem posted elsewhere, but never a resolution, other
> than a few references to a patch that I could never find.... but:
>
>         When trying to join a domain, I get the error "The procedure number is
> out of range.".
>
>         Anyone know how to fix this?!
>
> .josh
>
>  Josh Burley
>  josh at kuci.org
>  "Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich."

I have made so

#smbpasswd -a root

Add in smb.conf:
domain admin users = root

Later then Win2K asks a name and password to write root and password with which you have added root.
If not that has received deliver SP1 and repeat.

This error for me arose when I added Win2K in domain Samba and I'm wrote the user in group adnimistrator:
Example:
domain admin group = @engineering
Then I'm write user and password include in group engineering, I had such error.
If for you will receive write to me.

P.S. Excuse for bad English.
--
Registered Linux User  #186627