Meaning of Samba

Nico De Ranter nico at sonycom.com
Fri Apr 20 09:26:18 GMT 2001

I would guess it's just a derivation from SMB -> SaMBa that sounded cute :-)

Nico

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 11:20:43AM +0200, Marcel de Jong wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Just out of curiosity: is Samba an abbreviation? And if so, what does it
> stand for?
>

> ______________________________
>
>       Marcel E. de Jong
>
> * *** *******
> *  ** ********
> > *    *** *******
> >
> *          m.dejong at euronext.nl
> * B marcel.annette at wxs.nl
>

> Honi soit qui mal y pense
>

> ===  E U R O N E X T    D I S C L A I M E R  =============================
>

> Deze e-mail is uitsluitend bestemd voor gebruik door de geadresseerde(n) als op dit e-mailblad vermeld. Het is mogelijk dat deze e-mail persoonlijke en/of vertrouwelijke informatie bevat. Wanneer u niet de geadresseerde bent, verzoeken wij u dringend ons daarvan te berichten. Wij attenderen u erop dat elke verspreiding, vermenigvuldiging, gebruik of openbaarmaking aan derden van de inhoud van deze e-mail, niet is toegestaan. Hoewel deze informatie met de meeste zorg is samengesteld is Euronext, waaronder tevens wordt verstaan de door Euronext gehouden beurzen en de tot Euronext behorende werkmaatschappijen, op geen enkele wijze aansprakelijk voor eventuele fouten, omissies of andere onjuistheden of de gevolgen daarvan in deze informatie noch is zij aan de inhoud van de e-mail op enigerlei wijze gebonden. Wij verzoeken u bij onjuiste of onvolledige ontvangst terug te e-mailen naar de afzender.
>
> This e-mail is solely intended for use by the person or persons to whom it is addressed, as stated on this page, and may contain personal and/or confidential information. Please notify us immediately if you are not the person to whom the e-mail is addressed. Any dissemination, duplication, publication to third parties or other use of the contents of this e-mail is forbidden. Although this information has been compiled with great care, neither Euronext nor the exchanges or companies it operates shall accept any responsibility for any errors, omissions or other inaccuracies in this information or for the consequences thereof, nor shall it be bound in any way by the contents of this e-mail. In the event of incomplete or incorrect transmission please return the e-mail to the sender.

 "It has been said that there are only two businesses that
  refer to customers as users: illegal drug trade and
               the computer industry."
Nico De Ranter
Sony Service Center (SDCE/NEE-B)
Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 (Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne)
1130 Brussel (Bruxelles), Belgium, Europe, Earth
Telephone: +32 2 724 86 41 Telefax: +32 2 726 26 86
e-mail: nico.deranter at sonycom.com