Browse list across VPN

Christian Barth barth at cck.uni-kl.de
Fri Apr 20 06:25:44 GMT 2001

> I have an IPSec VPN between two offices, only one of which has a Samba
> server in the LAN (192.168.0.0/24), providing WINS and NT logon duties.  The
> other (remote) office runs Win95 and 98 only - no NT or Samba
> (192.168.1.0/24).
I don't have expirence with VPN's and don't know exaktly know your
situation. But we solved the brosing problems between the different
subnets of the university with 3 things:

Use the "remote announce" parameter of smb.conf
Use samba as wins-server and point all clients to it
Use the lmhosts file on the clients

This way (don't know if all are necessary) browsing between the
subnets is no problem and the samba-PDC can server different subnents
without problems.

Christian