Samba 2.2 and LDAP

tmaly at mvista.com tmaly at mvista.com
Fri Apr 20 00:14:37 GMT 2001

What's the status of LDAP support within Samba 2.2? I know it's not
there in this initial release, and I know that the Samba-TNG team has it
mostly done (minus some issues), but I was just wondering when it would
reach a usable state. I'd love so much to use Samba 2.2 (or TNG,
whichever is stable and works) with LDAP as the backend and have it read
the sam database out of LDAP, so I can have my Linux accounts and
Windows accounts all integrated and distributed via LDAP.

Also, has there been any talks regarding merging the Samba 2.2 and TNG
code? What is the status, and what would the first major/minor version
number be? 2.3? 2.4? 3.0? Just curious.

--
Tomas Maly
"IT Freak"