swat problem in 2.2.0

Aaron Ezekiel aezekiel at unm.edu
Thu Apr 19 19:25:27 GMT 2001

I'm running RedHat 6.2 with a 2.2.19 kernel. I find the same problem that
charlesm at media-brokers.com reported, namely swat failing with this error:

400 Server Error

chdir failed - the server is not configured correctly

BTW< Charles, did you get it fixed? And, if so, how?

I installed from the RedHat 6.2 RPM (not source) on one of the samba.org
servers.

I've tried reviewing the etc/services and etc/inetd.conf files, SIGHUPping
the inetd.conf, re-booting, etc. Even tried adding a symlink to smb.conf in
its new location from /etc. Any ideas about fixing this would be most
appreciated.

I'm not ecstatic about the idea of doing local re-compile, as I'm sure
there are plenty of switches we could break. Is this perhaps a bug in the
MAKEFILE?

--
mailed from Mulberry 2.0.7 w/PGP & SSL (Win32)
Aaron Ezekiel, Manager, Network & System Support