Best Distro for Samba

Dan Pupek dnkp at swbell.net
Thu Apr 19 14:40:36 GMT 2001

Ok, I have a question.
What is the best Linux distribution for Samba?
Mandrake is giving me lots of trouble and I think it is because of all the RPMs that install with it. Will Samba work better on a kernel built from Scratch? Better on  BSD? Solaris? What is the best? I am setting up a file server and maybe a squid proxy.

Does squid have problems with Samba?
I have here ipchains cause samba problems?
I'm not dumb, so be frank with me. I know somebody out there is running a clean samba setup with all the bells and whistles how do you do it? Also I run no NT or Win2000 only 98. So I would like samba to be the PDC. WINs server if that's the best route.

Let me know. Somebody

Thanks in advance!

Dan Pupek
President, Southwest Oklahoma Web Developers Guild

On the Web:
http://www.sunnet.net/dnkp/dan

Email:
megabyte at sunnet.net