2.2.0 ACL/users problem

M G Berberich berberic at forwiss.uni-passau.de
Thu Apr 19 15:08:06 GMT 2001

Hi,

we are trying to run a samba-server on Solaris 2.6 using the ACL
feature. It works partly:

ACL's that are set on solaris show up on the Windows clients (NT+2000)

Windows-clients do not show users in the list to add new entries to
the Windows-ACL of a file/directory. All the groups from NIS are
listet there. This behavior was fine without ACL, because one could
not a a user to the Windows-ACL anyway, but now -- using ACLs -- it
would be possible to ad a new user to the Windows-ACL if it would show
up in the list. We would like to take the users from NIS, ofcourse

We have errors like:

passdb/smbpass.c:startsmbfilepwent_internal(87)
  startsmbfilepwent_internal: unable to open file /etc/samba/private/smbpasswd. Error was No such file or directory
rpc_server/srv_samr_nt.c:jf_get_sampwd_entries(140)
  get_sampwd_entries: Unable to open SMB password database.

smb.conf:

[global]
        workgroup = FOO
        netbios name = NT-BAR
        server string = Samba
        security = SERVER
        password server = NT-SERVER
        syslog = 0
        log file = /var/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        load printers = No
        dns proxy = No
        hosts allow = 132.231.20. 127.
        level2 oplocks = Yes
        nt acl support = yes

[DATA]
        comment = Mount data komplett
        path = /mount/data
        read only = No
        create mask = 0760

Any hints?

	MfG
	bmg

--
"Des is völlig wurscht, was heut beschlos- | M G Berberich
 sen wird: I bin sowieso dagegn!"          | berberic at fmi.uni-passau.de
(SPD-Stadtrat Kurt Schindler; Regensburg)  | www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~berberic