Error Mapping Clearcase Views/Vobs using Samba

Nico De Ranter nico at sonycom.com
Thu Apr 19 15:05:02 GMT 2001

We are using samba-2.0.5a on Solaris (2.6) to access our views without problems.
Our samba config looks like:

[view]
        comment = Views for VisionClick (G2 project)
        path = /view
        read only = no
        oplocks = no
        locking = yes
        browseable = yes

You have "printable = yes" should that be like that?

Hope this helps.

Nico

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 08:17:39PM +0530, rbhasin at hss.hns.com wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Users at our site are using SAMBA (Version 2.0.8 and 1.9.15p8) to map their Home
> Directories and their Clearcase Vobs/Views on their Windows 2000 desktops. Home
> directories are being mapped without any issues but while mapping their
> views/vobs we are getting the error stated below:
>
> Network  path   \\server name\share  could  not be found
>
>           and
>
> The mapped network drive could not be created because of the following error has
> occured:
> An extended error has occured.
>

> Below is the partial content of the smb.conf file
> [vkatyal_2]
> path =/view/vkatyal_view/cm_data/ain
> user = vkatyal
> public = no
> writable = yes
> printable = yes
> create mask = 0755
>
> Also when we try to map the users home directories using smbclient on Solaris
> systems they are mapped
> without any error and the listing at the smb prompt (smb: \>) displays the
> content of the users
> home directory, whereas while mapping their views using Samba 2.0.8 we get the
> smb prompt but
> when doing the listing it gives the error:
>
> paras:root>./smbclient \\\\paras\\vkatyal_2
> added interface ip=139.85.241.14 bcast=139.85.241.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
> Password:
> Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 2.0.8]
> smb: \> ls
> ERRDOS - ERRbadfile (File not found.) listing \*
>
>                 48374 blocks of size 65536. 18800 blocks available
>

> But the mapping of the unix side works well with Samba 1.9.15p8.
> Can anyone guide me, why is this happening is this a Windows 2000 related issue
> or Clearcase related
> issue. Has anyone faced similar problem, any help to sort out this issue will be
> highly appreciated.
>
> Thanx in Advance.
>
> Regds
> Rajan
>

> --
 "It has been said that there are only two businesses that
  refer to customers as users: illegal drug trade and
               the computer industry."
Nico De Ranter
Sony Service Center (SDCE/NEE-B)
Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 (Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne)
1130 Brussel (Bruxelles), Belgium, Europe, Earth
Telephone: +32 2 724 86 41 Telefax: +32 2 726 26 86
e-mail: nico.deranter at sonycom.com