nmbd is Stopped

David Rankin drankin at cox-internet.com
Thu Apr 19 13:58:05 GMT 2001

Nguyen Son wrote:

> Hi All,I'm very new to Samba.I'm trying to get Samba works but no luck
> so far.when I start smb/etc/rc.d/init.d/smb startthen get status:smbd
> is runningnmbd is stopped when I start Linux, it pauses a bit long at
> eth0 and then say FAILURE, is this has anything to do with nmbd?if yes
> can someone point out to me why and how to fix it.  TIA Son

FOR STARTERS........

What distribution of Linux do you have?
What version is it?
What version of Samba do you have?
What type of Computer are you running it on?
What type of ehternet card do you have?
What does /var/log/messages say about the ethernet error?

More information is needed before a meaningful answer can be given.

--
David C. Rankin
Nacogdoches, Texas