Upograde from 2.2a3 to 2.2.0 woes

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Thu Apr 19 07:55:17 GMT 2001

Gerald Carter wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Apr 2001 18:50:58 charlesm at media-brokers.com wrote:
> >
> > I am getting the following error when going to http://localhost:901:
> >
> > 400 Server Error
> > chdir failed - the server is not configured correctly
> >
> > I'm running Redhat 7.0 (upgraded with most 7.1 patches)
> > previous 2.2a3 was running fine.
> > # Global parameters
> > [global]
> >         workgroup = MEDIA-BROKERS
> >         server string = Samba Server
> >         security = SHARE
> >         encrypt passwords = Yes
>
> Why share mode security?
>
> >         restrict anonymous = Yes
> >         log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
> >         max log size = 50
> >         socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
> >         dns proxy = No
> >         wins server = 192.168.0.254
> >
> > [printers]
> >         comment = All Printers
> >         path = /var/spool/samba
> >         printable = Yes
> >         browseable = No
>
> Just a hunch.  Download the SRPM file and rebuild the RPM
> without PAM support.  It should be at
>
> ftp://ftp.samba.org/pub/samba/Binary_Packages/redhat/SRPMS/
>
> within the half hour.
>
> jerry

I don't think you can blame this one on PAM, swat always used PAM, and
nothing changed much actualy changed in that area (rewriten yes, but the
behaviour did not change) with 2.2.0.

If you are using RPMS, try turning on syslog in your smb.conf, and see
what SWAT has to say on the issue.

Hunch:  Maybe the swatdir is not configured correctly?

Andrew Bartlett
abartlet at pcug.org.au

--
Andrew Bartlett