problem printing from win2k to HP1100 on RH Linux

Lok Yek Soon slok00 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 04:39:16 GMT 2001

I have managed to setup SAMBA and the printer can
print
locally from Linux. Printer was setup using printtool

I have problem printing from win2k to the printer that
is hooked up to the Linux server.

1. I have ensure that the paths to the spool is
the same on smb.conf as well as printcap

2. I have throw the permission for the spool directory
wide open.

3. after I tried printing from win2k, I couldn't find
any files or printjob in the spool directory.

4. I am using HP LaserJet 1100. Printtool is setup to
use HP Laser 4 (dithered) .

any ideas how to solve this?
thanks
YS