Failed to set socket option TCP_NODELAY on SOLARI8, using samba 2.2.0

Wolf; Dietmar wolf at isp.mu-luebeck.de
Wed Apr 18 12:42:09 GMT 2001

Hello,

I found the folloing message in log.smbd

[2001/04/18 13:00:41, 0] lib/util_sock.c:set_socket_options(165)
  Failed to set socket option SO_KEEPALIVE (Error Bad file number)
[2001/04/18 13:00:41, 0] lib/util_sock.c:set_socket_options(165)
  Failed to set socket option TCP_NODELAY (Error Socket operation on
non-socket)

so I searched TCP_NODELAY in the INCLUDEFILES:

(/usr/include/sys) > grep -i TCP_NODELAY *

xti_inet.h:#ifndef TCP_NODELAY
xti_inet.h:#define      TCP_NODELAY     0x1     /* must be same as
<netinet/tcp.h> */
xti_inet.h:#define      T_TCP_NODELAY   0x1     /* Don't delay packets
to coalesce */

this is the output from uname -a
SunOS sunclt01 5.8 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1

there is also a problem with "hostnames" and "netgroups"

this is a configuration line from samba 2.0.7

hosts allow = @isphosts,campc01.informatik.mu-luebeck.de

it work fine using version 2.0.7, using the same line with the new
version of the software

I get an access violation (error 400 displayed in netscape during
configuration with swat).

So the new version seems to have a problem with symbolic names on
solaris 8

because the only way an accesslist works is to use IP-adress ranges
and/or sigle IP-adresses otherwise access is denied.

Best regards

Dietmar Wolf    Medizinische Universität zu Lübeck, ISP,
                Seelandstraße 1A, 23569 Lübeck
Phone:  +49451 3909-524
FAX:    +49451 3909-503
e-mail: wolf at isp.mu-luebeck.de