Fog effect :-))

root root at eurogsm.ro
Wed Apr 18 10:22:00 GMT 2001

  Hi, I'm experiencing some strange problems with SAMBA. I configured it,
it's working but after a while the strangest thing happens. All the
Windows machines in the network are unable to see each other in Network
neighborhood. If I try to go from a Windows machine to
\\OtherMachine\Share it works fine but I can not see anything in the
network neighborhood. I'm running Red Hat Linux 6.1 with a 2.2.12-20
kernel. I'm also experiencing authentication problems for user shares on
my Linux server (sometimes they can connect sometimes not to their
directory). I'm trying to use the Linux server as a backup machine (where
every Windows user has it's share on my Linux machine where he can save
his work). I attached my smb.conf to this mail. I must be doing something

Thank you very much for your assistence and I'm waiting for your reply.

Duca Stefan