Installation of Samba-2.0.7

Sandesh A K sandesh at uiscpl.com
Wed Apr 18 04:44:56 GMT 2001

Hello
  I am facing problem with the installation of samba-2.0.7 which I
downloaded from the samba site. Actually I had samba2.0.6 over RedHat
Linux 6.2 . Since I got this latest version of samba I removed the
samba-2.0.6 package and installed this new version. But the problem is
swat is not starting. I followed all the procedures as mentioned.

   Actually my requirement is that we have a heterogeneous network
consisting Windows NT 4.0 server and workstations with Solaris 2.7 and
RedHat Linux 6.2 . We also have three network printers which is shared
on the Windows network. I want this printer to be accessed by both Linux
and Solaris workstations. Please suggest me how to go with this.

Sandesh

Systems Administrator.