mktemp

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Tue Apr 17 15:19:33 GMT 2001

Blue Lang wrote:

> Has this not been changed to mkstemp just for reason of having to change
> all of the smbd_mktemp() calls, for portability, or some hidden arcana?
>
> Are there any platforms that samba supports that don't have mkstemp?

Samba 2.2 (in CVS) has most of the mktemp calls replaced, but still
needs work done on the last one.  I have a patch that fixes this, but I
am yet to test it.

Part of the reason for the inertia is that all the mktemp calls within
samba are safe - they cannot expose a security risk becouse the results
are only used in an open call with the O_EXCL flag.

In any case, these warnings should be gone in some future release.

Andrew Bartlett
abartlet at pcug.org.au

--
Andrew Bartlett