Available Support

Jamin Collins JaminC at adapt-tele.com
Mon Apr 16 20:42:34 GMT 2001

Paul_Goszczynski at notes.grainger.com
[mailto:Paul_Goszczynski at notes.grainger.com] wrote:
> I was wondering what type of support and licensing will be
> available if the Samba product was implemented in a
> enviorment of 400 AIX servers.  I have visited the Samba
> site and was wondering if licensing woud be  an issue?  I
> would like as much information as possible.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the license for Samba is GPL.  Due to
this, there should be no real licensing concerns regarding Samba.  However
it also means that there is no traditional support for the product from the
developers.  There are several support options for the software, many of
which are detailed on the samba web site.

Jamin W. Collins