SSL CA cert error from smbclient

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Mon Apr 16 18:02:07 GMT 2001

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001 12:44:56 -0500, you wrote:

>I'm getting the following error on two of my RH7 boxes that are using SMB to
>connect to other Windows boxes on our network.  I'm sure that someone else

>SSL: Error error setting CA cert locations: error:00000000::lib(0) :func(0)
>:reason(0) trying default locations.

Actually, this is not a samba problem, but it's due to the way redhat packaged
samba (I think they had to link apps with ssl very late due to export
restrictions and maybe they couldn't test them all).

What you can do:
1) if smbclient works correctly, but for this error, ignore it
2) try adding "ssl = no" in smb.conf
3) use the src.rpm and recompile samba without ssl
4) look at how this is solved in rh71 (I think they added a dummy cert or
something similar, and pointed samba to it) and do the same on your system.

giulioo at pobox.com