Samba with Redhat 7.0

Dan Egli dan at frankenstein-cpu.com
Mon Apr 16 14:26:44 GMT 2001

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Fam. op den Kelder wrote:

> I have got now Redhat 7.0 and when I want to install Swat I need to edit the file /etc/inetd.conf but in Redhat 7.0 the file is named to /etc/xinetd.conf and /etc/xinetd.d can you help me ?
> (In Redhat 6.1 it worked alright)
>
> Greetz
>
> Rob op den kelder

I believe there should be an /etc/xinetd.d/swat file present. If not,
here's mine. It will make a good template.

# default: off
#	       to configure your Samba server. To use SWAT, \
#	       connect to port 901 with your favorite web browser.
service swat
{
	port	= 901
	socket_type	= stream
	wait 	= no
	only_from = localhost
	user	= root
	server	= /usr/sbin/swat
	log_on_failure	+= USERID
	disable = yes
}

note that since I don't use sw2at, my disable line is yes. If you want to
use swat, change disable to = no.