Can't change password from Windows

John Benedetto jbenedet at unm.edu
Sun Apr 15 21:13:21 GMT 2001

--On Sunday, April 15, 2001 10:38 AM +0000 whc <whc at uole.com.ve> wrote:

> in the smb.conf
> see the parameter "password program"
> this lines are what i have in the mine
>
> ;  unix password sync = Yes
> ;  passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
> ;  passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *ReType*new*UNIX*password* %n\n
> *passwd:*all*authentication*tokens*updated*successfully*
>

> Wenceslao Hernandez C.

I think the original question was in regard to changing the SMBPASSWD,
*not* the Unix system password.

In our installation (still in testing), we have made the decision to NOT
sync the system passwords with the Samba passwords (I still have to get the
change-smbpasswd-from-windows-client working myself though, dratit).

- John