Help: Mounting 2000 share in linux

Matthew W. Lowe swds.mlowe at home.com
Sun Apr 15 16:06:09 GMT 2001

Hi, I've been a samba user for a year or two now and I just upgraded my
workstation to Windows 2000. Everything, at first glance appears to
function properly. After playing around with the network a little bit I
noticed that when I made any changes to a samba filesystem (when it was
connected to a 2000 share) the changes didn't appear on the linux
server. So for example, say I mounted //server2/c (which would be my
2000 machine) to the directory C on the local linux box. If I then go
into the C directory and make a directory, 'test' that directory will
not show up in the directory listing outputted by ls until I remount the
filesystem. Samba works perfectly for 9x/ME machines. Connecting and
reading/writing to shares on the linux box from the 2000 machine works
perfectly.

Does anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks,
  Matt