Extreme samba newbie needs help

Tom Syroid tom at syroidmanor.com
Sat Apr 14 20:48:35 GMT 2001

Michael,

Allow me to make a suggestion if I may...

Remove your current samba installation.
Got to the Slackware site and DL the latest SAMBA.TGZ file,
Install it with the slack package installer,
Reboot your machine.

It -should- work 'out of the box' (ie, minor edits to smb.conf only). When
you get some time with Slack and Samba under your belt, then try to
make/build/compile your installation.

/tom

--On Saturday, April 14, 2001 16:24 -0400 Michael Sandford

/tom

http://insights.syroidmanor.com