Samba and CUPS printing

Aleksandar B. Samardzic a.samardzic at matf.bg.ac.yu
Sat Apr 14 10:09:10 GMT 2001

Could someone precisely state what is necessary to add to smb.conf file in
order to have CUPS printing working from Windows clients? My setup is:
Samba 2.2.0alpha3 and CUPS 1.1.6, CUPS is working fine from Linux machine, but
now I'd like to have it working from Windows clients that have Linux machine
as PDC. The documentation is rather confusing, CUPS manual is stating that
line:
   printing = cups
in smb.conf is enough, however I can see other people mention some more lines
there and even full [Printers] share in shares section.

Another question is: how to put printer driver on Linux machine and have it
installed on Windows clients when necessary?

Thanks,
Alex