OK, need some help with Win2K clients real bad

DigiProd digiprod at netperson.net
Fri Apr 13 21:34:45 GMT 2001

Just for grins..
I too have seen problems with various databases.
I set up a test with 5 Win2K machines all using the same databases. (DBase3)
and found that after time (3 hours or so), those machines started reporting
problems reading and writing to those files (codebase errors). All machines
were built the same. When the machines were setup to hit the database for an
hour then stop.. and access again for another hour, the problems would
happen in a time frame that you are seeing.

To verify further, the same server (RH 6.2 w/2.07) was tested with 5 NT4.0
machines using the same databases. The NT4.0 machines had no problems and
were reliable as always.

I know that Win2K has added ODBC support for databases. I do not have any
other info on this as of yet but hope to soon.
I am not entirly convinced that this is a Samba problem. The same system
works like a charm w/NT4.0 just not with Win2K. Basic troubleshooting would
point to the 2K's but it's hard to pin it down to one or the other.