OK, need some help with Win2K clients real bad

Edward Muller emuller at learningpatterns.com
Fri Apr 13 14:25:58 GMT 2001

I am using Samba 2.0.7 with an Act database and Windows NT clients. I had
one Windows 2K client on the network at one point without any problems, but
that was a laptop and it now has it's own replica of the Act Database. We
haven't had any corruption of our large Database (18K+ records) AFAICT.

[ACTDatabase]
    path = /home/LPc/ACTDatabase/current
    browseable = yes
    guest ok = no
    writable = yes
    valid users = @LPc
    preserve case = yes
    short preserve case = yes
    force create mode = 0775
    force directory mode = 0775
    force group = LPc

I have no special locking settings in the global section of my smb.conf
file. I use the force* settings to make sure the user/group
permissions/settings don't get f'd up by the various users. And only those
users who are in the LPC group can access the share.

Hope that helps.