CUPS and SMB

Ries van Twisk ries at franksintl.nl
Fri Apr 13 06:46:27 GMT 2001

Hi Wenceslao,

first check if samba is compiled in with cups support:
You can check it with this command:

	ldd /usr/sbin/smbd

It shows you which library's will be loaded by samba, and cups should be
there as a library. If libcups is not there, downloaded samba sources and
compile samba with cups support. If you do a configure make sure cups is
running on the machine where you do your compilation, cups support will not
be supported if cups was not running!

I had to add this options in my [global] section

	printing = cups
	printcap name = cups
     load printers = yes

That's just it. From what I can see now, cups is just not supported in samba.
Are you seeing your printers in the browselist? If so, cups is supported but
cups is doing something strange.
Did you add a user to the lp and/or lpadmin groups?
If a user here is not added to the lp group, the print job is silantly delete.

Ries