Logon Acounts with Samba 2.2

Anthony Brock abrock at georgefox.edu
Thu Apr 12 19:55:39 GMT 2001

After reading through the Samba 2.2 PDC Howto, I have a couple questions:

1) In Chapter 3. User and Machine Accounts: Is this section out of
date?  If so, what is the status of machine and user accounts?  Do we still
need to follow the instructions here for "add user script" entries, etc?

2) In  the old (Sept. version) of samba-tng, there was an option to specify
"local" groups on the PDC,  and separate these from global groups.  Does
this exist yet in 2.2?  Also, will this version of samba supply a list of
groups and users to domain member NT servers and workstations, for local
ACL commands?

3) Finally, in follow up to my previous post, does anyone have
instructions/limitations/etc for implementing a samba PDC against a
Kerberos v5 db?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Tony

* Anthony Brock                                         abrock at georgefox.edu *
* Director of Network Services                         George Fox University *