joing NT domain

Darren Robertson darren.robertson at orcsoftware.com
Thu Apr 12 17:15:14 GMT 2001

Is that evrythigng that i required?

Depending on what docs I read I have to put entries in the /etc/passwd
file and or the smbpasswd file.

I have done evrything that I have read and still I can't get it to work.

Here is my configuration:

[global]
	workgroup = ORCUK
	server string = Samba Server
	security = domain
	password server = 192.168.168.33
	encrypt passwords = yes
	netbios name = comal
	uest account = nobody

[tmp]
	comment = Temporary file space
	path = /tmp
	read only = no
	public = yes

running testparm reports no problems. I am using samba 2.0.7 which comes
as part of the bonus software with Solaris 8. There is one main
difference in this environment. The PDC is physically a SUN server
running Solaris 2.6 and netlink. The administration tools for this are NT
and comal is available in my network neighbourhood and I have joined it
to the domain using smbpasswd -j ORCUK and also by running the server
manager tool in netlink.

Does anyone have any ideas?

TIA

D.