automounting Windows user home directories.

M B mab0370 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 16:32:15 GMT 2001

I have been unable to find an answer to my question on
the net, so I thought I'd just ask here. :)

I'd like to authenticate from a linux client using
samba to a Windows network. Assuming the user's home
directory is somewhere on this network, how do I
determine the ip/path to home in order to mount the
directory during the (client) login scripts, or via
autofs?  Before authentication, I do not know anything
about the home servers, and different users may have
different home servers.

Is there some gee-whiz way of doing this with the
samba programs. I'd like to avoid using NIS/NIS+/NYS
since I am assuming the servers are 100% Windows.

Thanks in advance for any help! Let me know if I need
to clarify anything!

Mike Blocksome, Samba newbie