Samba + Windows2000 Saving Problem

Adam Maurice adamm at adamm.co.uk
Wed Apr 11 23:39:03 GMT 2001

Hi !

I got a really weird problem with my current setup, and Ive searched the web
for about a month now and cant find anyone else with this problem, so maybe
someone can shed some light on this for me :)

Ok,  Quite a simple setup:

3x Win98 PC's
1x Win2000 PC
1x Linux Server

Win98 Pc's work fine.

Win2k Pro machine can read files off the linux box no problem (slightly slow
but bareable) however if you try to save a file onto a linux share, windows
hangs for a while and then says "Path too deep" or other weird error
messages.  I've checked the web, checked the MSKB and checked the newsgroups
and cant find anyone else with this problem.

My Win2k install seems fine and I have reinstalled samba about 10 times now,
so im getting quite desperate for an answer..

If anyone can shed any light on this for me I would greatly appreciate it !!

Thanks in advance,

-Adam Maurice