Copy files from Unix host to Windows host with Samba 2.0 ?

Nelson Mr Brian Brian.Nelson at usmc-mccs.org
Wed Apr 11 11:31:45 GMT 2001

Can anyone tell me if files can be copied from a Unix (Solaris 2.6) host
running
Samba 2.0 to a Windows Server ?
It appears that the 'smbclient' command might support this capability, but I

can't seem to get it to work. I can use the smbclient -L to view shares and
the -M to sent Windows hosts messages, so all appears to be configured
correctly.
(using a 'wins server' on a separate network segment).
Is there possibly something on the Windows side that needs to be enabled ..
or will
this not work across network segments ?
I tried the following :
	smbclient \\\\\\ServerName
and receive the following
	error connecting to 255.255.255.255:139 (Network is unreachable)
	Connection to   failed
thanks,
Brian