write behind operation warning. What's it mean.

Martin Rootes M.J.Rootes at shu.ac.uk
Wed Apr 11 09:51:39 GMT 2001

	We are seeing the following warning messages in event logs on PCs that are accessing a
Samba server (Solaris 2.7, samba 2.0.6):-

03/03/04/2001,14:44:04,Rdr,Warning,None,3025,N/A,CIS-C033-04,A write-behind operation has
failed to the remote server ilex.  The data contains the amount requested to write and the
amount actually written.

What does this message actually mean? Does it indicate an underlying problem? Is it
something I should be very worried about?

 	Martin Rootes
 	Systems Support