Can't change passwd after 2.2.alpha3 upgrade.

George Farris farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Tue Apr 10 20:25:06 GMT 2001

I seem to have lost the ability to change the password from Windows
after an upgrade from 2.2alpha2 to 2.2alpha3.  Has anyone else
experienced a problem here?

The error in /var/log/messages is:

Apr 10 13:22:40 eagle PAM_pwdb[31179]: password for (george/500) changed
by ((null)/0)

The Linux password is actually changed but the password in
/etc/smbpasswd is not changed and I get a message on the windows machine
that I have not supplied the correct password.

George Farris                      farrisg at mala.bc.ca

Computer Support Cowichan         "For every vision - there is
Malaspina University-College       an equal and opposite revision"