session request failed

Steve Kleene skclug at syrano.acb.uc.edu
Mon Apr 9 18:15:11 GMT 2001

Having read the man pages and faqs, I posted a question last week to both
comp.protocols.smb and this mail list.  (I am using the same Subject header I
used last week.)  I got no response, so let me try to simplify the question.

I am trying to use samba-2.0.3 to get from my Linux machine to a Win98
machine.  When I run "smbclient -L" and get a "session request failed"
message, is the problem confined to the Samba installation on my Linux
machine, or can this also happen because the Win98 machine is denying
permissions?  As I mentioned in the original post, there are no testparm or
logfile errors, and the two machines can ping each other.

Thanks.