How do you upgrade to 2.2?

Oren Levy orenalevy at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 9 07:35:29 GMT 2001

Ah, the joys of Linux. I found the archived message re deleting 2.07 first.
Then, when I installed 2.2 I got error messages that various
/etc/codepages/src files were missing. I found the various files at
samba.org, downloaded them, reinstalled 2.07, moved them to my linux box,
uninstalled 2.07 which complained that certain codepages directories could
not be deleted, and reinstalled 2.2. Of course, we've gone from having samba
files in /etc to /etc/samba to /etc (as far as I can tell), so I just copied
the smbpasswd file up one dir. Whew. Well, it's only 12:30 a.m.--not bad.