2.2a3 and SWAT - connection refused by server

Richard Gardner gard_com at pacbell.net
Sun Apr 8 20:05:15 GMT 2001

This may help, not sure, i had the same prob until i added to the
/etc/services file
swat 901/tcp
got this tip from link below: with text copied from that doc follows next.
Hope that helps!
http://home.germany.net/101-69082/samba.html

3. Configuration Issues
3.1. SWAT - a configuration tool
The 'man swat' documentation is a very good place to start, although I am
paranoid enough to use TCP-Wrappers.  To use swat with TCP-Wrappers, in
/etc/inetd.conf, take the line
swat stream tcp nowait.400 root /usr/sbin/swat swat
and change it to
swat stream tcp nowait.400 root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/swat
/etc/services needs a line
swat 901/tcp

hosts.deny needs the line
swat: ALL

In /etc/hosts.allow you need
swat: 127.0.0.1
and maybe a second IP address or range as well on that line if you are
feeling adventurous.
As of version 2.0.7, Using Samba can also be accessed via SWAT.

Richard Gardner
  "I don't have a life, I have a program"
                       --  The Doctor, 'Voyager, Stardate: 49101.3'