Samba-2.2.0alpha-3 and smbmount

Bill Parker dogbert at mail.netnevada.net
Fri Apr 6 21:34:34 GMT 2001

Hi All,

	When I use smbmount to attach a NT 4 Server's drive C:, I use
the following command:

smbmount //inet_server_1/C$ /mnt/server1 -o
username=xxxxxx,password=xxxxxx,fmask=700,dmask=700,nosuid,noexec

now, if I am su'd to root, and do a df -h I get:

/dev/hda1             6.7G  2.5G  3.8G  39% /
//inet_server_1/C$    7.8G  3.2G  4.6G  41% /mnt/server1

but if I am a plain old user, I get the following:

/dev/hda1             6.7G  2.5G  3.8G  39% /
df: /mnt/server1: Permission denied

how can I use smbmount to get the same access as 'root' without
being root?  The reason I ask is that I have a java based application
which runs in a plain old users account which updates information.  I
do not recall this being a problem under samba-2.0.7-5, if memory
serves.

-Bill