joing NT domain

Yuri A. Kabaenkov hellman at elst.ru
Fri Apr 6 12:31:33 GMT 2001

Hello,

      I have a trouble.

      In my network i use PDC server on windows NT 4.0 server.

      And i have FreeBSD which is a router in my company.

      I've installed samba.

       my domain is 'ELST', NetBIOS name of PDC is 'BLACK-ANGEL'

      Then i do this

      smbpasswd -j ELST -r BLACK-ANGEL
      it tell's me that i joined domain.

      my smb.conf like this :

      -----
[global]

   workgroup = ELST
   netbios name = FREEBSD
   server string = FREEBSD

   domain logons = yes
   password server = BLACK-ANGEL
   security = domain
   interfaces = 192.168.168.0/24
   guest account = guest

[public]
   comment = Public Stuff
   path = /home/samba/pub
   guest ok = yes
   public = yes
   writable = no
   printable = no
     -----

When i starts smbd -D and nmbd -D all seems to be ok.

My FREEBSD host presents in my Network Nighborhood

But when i try access it it tells me an error

How can i give access to all users logged in ELST domain to access
FREEBSD samba server w/o password, and grant full usage to only 2 logins in
this domains.

Thx a lot.

Yuri A. Kabaenkov            |         hellman at elst.ru
Network Administrator        |         www.elst.ru