broken pipe third try

robert.gehr at web2cad.de robert.gehr at web2cad.de
Fri Apr 6 06:27:24 GMT 2001

Hi all

I am posting this thing for the third time now.
Somehow the body went
missing every time. Hopefully it works now.

Can anyone tell me what those entries mean which
make my logfile grow
more than I like?

[2001/04/04 14:40:59, 0]
lib/util_sock.c:write_socket_data(540)
  write_socket_data: write failure. Error =
Broken pipe
[2001/04/04 14:40:59, 0]
lib/util_sock.c:write_socket_data(540)
  write_socket_data: write failure. Error =
Broken pipe
[2001/04/04 14:40:59, 0]
lib/util_sock.c:write_socket_data(540)
  write_socket_data: write failure. Error =
Broken pipe
[2001/04/04 14:41:00, 0]
lib/util_sock.c:write_socket_data(540)
  write_socket_data: write failure. Error =
Broken pipe
[2001/04/04 14:41:00, 0]
lib/util_sock.c:write_socket_data(540)
  write_socket_data: write failure. Error =
Broken pipe

The server works all right from what I can tell.
It is a 2.0.7 and I have a second
machine, same version, that does not show those
entries at all.
Both machines are configured alike apart from
the shares, same debug level,
same nameservers etc. Here are my global
settings.
Shares are nothing fancy just plain stuff.

[global]
workgroup = ARBEITSGRUPPE
netbios name = XXX
server string = XXX